Trusts and Estates
Giving You The Tools To Fulfill Your Wishes
With current lifetime and gift tax exemption amounts over $11.5 million, thinking about creating a trust or an estate plan may seem unnecessary for many individuals. However, utilizing trusts in your estate planning can assist with many personal objectives other than tax savings alone.
A trust is an estate planning tool established by transferring an asset(s) from your estate to another legal entity – the trust – to hold, safeguard, distribute or control for the benefit of another individual – for the most part. There are several types of trusts with different criteria based on when they are created, whether for the benefit of various individuals upon death, age attainment, for a certain number of years, to provide income either annually, or at the trustee discretion or based on a percentage of assets, among others. The type of trust to establish will depend upon your needs and wants for the trust.
Trusts are good tools for:
- Protecting your assets
- Avoiding probate – privacy
- Transferring property via sale or gift
- Providing support after your gone
- Providing for a special needs child
- Donating assets for a charitable purpose now or upon your death
- Reducing taxes
- Ensuring you leave a legacy
Services we offer:
- Estate planning
- Tax compliance
- Trust planning
- Estate valuations
- Retirement planning
Benefits of having Calvetti Ferguson assist with estate, gift and trust planning include:
- Assets passed per your wishes
- Reduce administration costs and taxes through proper planning
- Reduce potential disputes between family members and business partners
- Involve children in family giving
- Reduction of lifetime exemption – sunsets in 2026
- Gifts wisely used
- Protection of beneficiaries from creditors, divorces, and asset cost basis
- Maintain current lifestyle
- Plan future financial security
We at Calvetti Ferguson assist our clients to understand what type of trust or specific planning that best suits their needs or in updating their current estate plan to accommodate any changes. We listen to our clients to ask tailored questions in determining the planning strategies needed to achieve their goals. We can connect with our client’s financial advisor and attorney to work as a team in establishing or updating your estate plan.
For more information or to start your trust/estate conversation, complete the form below and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.