State and Local Tax Services
Helping You Grow Your Business Regardless of State Lines
As a business grows opportunities often arise to capture greater market share, expand the customer base, refine operations, and achieve increased profitability. For some this means hiring new employees, securing warehouse space, and expanding the delivery network. For others it may simply mean making minor operational modifications to capture the benefit. Regardless, the reality is that physical borders are not an essential consideration for many when executing a growth strategy. However, the reality is once a business has established nexus in another state there are tax compliance considerations which must be made. Careful considerations must be given to determine if state sales, use, franchise, or other taxes need to be paid. The situation is further complicated by lack of conformity between state and local jurisdictions within states, resulting in different tax regulations based on location. The result can be a tax puzzle difficult to solve.
Calvetti Ferguson has years of experience helping businesses navigate the complex state and local tax (SALT) landscape. Our team members are not only familiar with Texas tax laws but have helped dozens navigate the regulations of states across the country. Our primary purpose is to help minimize these taxes for the short and long term.
Take a Proactive Approach
Given the budgetary shortfalls currently faced by many states due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is certain that tax reviews and enforcement activities will continue to increase in the coming months and years. For this reason, it is essential to review your current situation to ensure there are no unexpected surprises.
State and local tax services:
- Income/Franchise/Gross receipts taxes
- Sales & use taxes
- Property taxes
- State and local credits and incentives
- Other areas such as unclaimed property, payroll, and individual taxes
- Tax compliance
- Nexus studies
- Sales tax processes and compliance analysis
- Multi-state tax refund reviews
- Residency planning
- Assistance with negotiating state tax credits & incentives
- Representation before state tax authorities for audits and controversy
- State voluntary disclosure and amnesty programs
- Due diligence reviews of SALT in business acquisitions, both buy-side and sell-side
- ASC 740 and FIN48 compliance, support and analysis
- Review of unclaimed property procedures
Calvetti Ferguson works with mid-market companies, nonprofit organizations, and high net worth individuals across the country. Regardless of the complexity of the compliance, assurance, advisory or accounting need, our team stands ready to assist you. Please complete the form below, and we will follow up with you shortly.