Calvetti Ferguson is seeking a Tax Senior Manager for the San Antonio office. The Tax Senior Manager will be able to work independently and with little partner oversight in most client service situations. This role is responsible for all phases of client engagements including management of tax compliance, tax advisory services, and developing and coaching professional staff. The Tax Senior Manager is expected to deliver exceptional client service, develop and maintain strong client relationships, participate in the firm’s practice development efforts by assisting with attracting and serving new clients, expand services to existing clients, and help recruit and retain additional team members. Tax Senior Managers are expected to provide thought leadership within the firm and be positive influencers of other team members. Candidates need to understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed, review various types of complex tax returns, continuously grow their technical knowledge, and deliver value-added tax planning ideas to clients.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant tax experience including technical tax consulting, research, and implementation of planning strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising multiple direct reports and reviewing their work product.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, JD, or LLM.
- Active CPA and / or law license.
- Significant experience working with issues and compliance related to high net worth individuals, their personal tax returns, trust returns, and gift & estate planning.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.