The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for all phases of client engagements including primary client relationship maintenance, highly proactive management of tax compliance, tax advisory services, and developing and coaching professional staff. The Senior Tax Manager is expected to deliver exceptional client service, develop and maintain strong client relationships, participate in the firm’s practice development efforts by assisting with attracting and serving new clients, expand services to existing clients, and help recruit and retain additional team members. Candidates need to understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed, review various types of complex tax returns, continuously grow their technical knowledge, and deliver value-added tax planning ideas to clients. A Senior Tax Manager is expected to function effectively with little Partner / Director supervision and oversight.
Seeking Candidates with expertise in the areas listed below:
- High net worth individuals, their personal tax returns, trust returns, and gift & estate planning
- Small business tax consulting, compliance, and planning matters.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience including technical tax consulting, research, and implementation of planning strategies.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supervising multiple direct reports and reviewing their work product.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Active CPA license.
- Significant experience working with issues and compliance related to high net worth individuals, their personal tax returns, trust returns, and gift & estate planning.
- Significant experience working with small businesses tax matters and proactively planning for their needs.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.