Calvetti Ferguson is seeking a Tax Incentives Senior Manager. The Tax Incentives Senior Manager will be able to work independently and with little partner oversight in most client service situations. This role is responsible for all phases of client engagements including management of tax benefit scoping, client interactions, site visits, project management, reviewing findings, as well as developing and coaching professional staff. The Tax Incentives Senior Manager is expected to deliver exceptional client service, develop and maintain strong client relationships, participate in the firm’s practice development efforts by assisting with attracting and serving new clients, expand services to existing clients, and help recruit and retain additional team members. Tax Incentives Senior Managers are expected to provide thought leadership within the firm and be positive influencers of other team members. Candidates need to understand and manage firm risk on specialty tax services performed, review various types of complex client data, continuously grow their technical knowledge, and deliver value-added tax services to clients.
Seeking Candidates with Expertise in:
- Research and development tax credits, and
- Cost segregation studied, or
- Energy efficient building tax incentives, or
- Work opportunity tax credits, or
- State training incentives.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience including all technical aspects of projects, leading client engagements, creating final documentation, and providing quality control assurance of work completed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising multiple direct reports and reviewing their work product.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) discipline area.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a traditional STEM role.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficient written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Significant tax controversy experience with federal and state tax authorities.
- Approximately 25% – 35% domestic travel.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting.
- JD or LLM in taxation.
- Active CPA, law, or EA license.