Based in San Antonio, the tax manager is responsible for the implementation of tax planning ideas, overseeing client tax compliance projects, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring other members of the Tax practice. The candidate will develop and maintain strong client relationships, as well as coordinate with Partners, Managers, and staff. Managers are expected to assist in identifying and delivering high value tax planning ideas for clients.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, corporations, and individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Active CPA license
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- Experience in advanced technical and tax consulting skills in the areas of partnership formation and operations
- Experience with PE funds and their portfolio companies is preferred
- Corporate income tax provision experience, and individual taxation will be a plus