This position will be responsible for all phases of client engagements by working with the team in providing all tax compliance and planning services to middle market companies and their owners. An ideal candidate for this position is someone with strong US federal and state tax compliance and consulting skills. In addition, the candidate would have been exposed to international tax compliance for business entities and have a strong desire to deepen their knowledge and skillsets in this area. They will handle all aspects of their clients’ tax compliance and planning matters and will assist with implementing comprehensive tax strategies. Opportunities will exist for consulting with both US-based businesses and clients with operations outside the country. Consulting services include, but are not limited to, tax planning / optimization, structuring for mergers / acquisitions / dispositions, transfer pricing strategies, and more.
This position is relationship driven and responsible for identifying and developing custom tax strategies, participating in the firm’s practice development efforts by attracting and serving new clients, expanding services to existing clients, and helping recruit and retain additional team members. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills, deliver exceptional client service, and maintain strong client relationships. A Calvetti Ferguson Tax Manager is an excellent communicator, will work passionately to become recognized as a subject matter expert (SME), and seek to establish a strong personal brand.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience tax compliance, consulting, and research
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supervising multiple direct reports and reviewing their work product
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, JD, or JD – LLM
- Active CPA or JD license
- Well established technical tax skillset
- Strong desire to deepen expertise in the international tax area
- Previous exposure to US compliance and reporting for international tax matters
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills