Calvetti Ferguson is seeking a SALT Manager to be based in Dallas or Houston. The SALT Manager is responsible for managing various consulting projects (i.e. Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDAs), nexus studies, research projects, etc.); managing, reviewing, and signing tax returns; and actively developing and coaching other professional staff. The candidate must be able to efficiently research state tax issues, document conclusions, communicate proactively with clients, and be excellent at project management. The SALT Manager is expected to deliver exceptional client service, develop and maintain strong client relationships, participate in the firm’s practice development efforts by assisting with attracting and serving new clients, expand services to existing clients, and help recruit and retain additional team members. Candidates need to understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed, review complex state & local tax returns, continuously grow their technical knowledge, and deliver value-added tax planning ideas to clients.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in state & local taxation including technical consulting, research, and
- implementation of planning strategies.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience supervising multiple direct reports and reviewing their work product.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting.
- CPA , JD, or other specialized designation.
- Income / franchise tax expertise.
- Sales & use / indirect tax experience