The Director of Accounting Services will serve a Controller-type role for our middle market, entrepreneurial clients. This includes overseeing transactional and GL accounting activity to ensure accuracy and timely delivery, partnering with clients on the strategic development of an accounting function, and working with clients to optimize accounting processes and systems. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining client relationships and mentoring and developing other members of the Accounting Services group from both a technical and a soft skills standpoint. The candidate should be process minded and have experience analyzing accounting reports, demonstrate a bias to action in addressing deficiencies and seeking constant improvement, and be comfortable leading through change. This candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and will manage multiple client tasks monthly in addition to administrative responsibilities.
This position will be based out of our Fort Worth office.
- Master’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 12 years of total experience in accounting, including
- Experience in public accounting or professional services
- A minimum of 5 years overseeing the full accounting cycle
- CPA License required.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Excel, and Word is preferred
- Understanding of Accounting systems required
- Complete knowledge of financial statements.
- Complete understanding of the full accounting cycle.
- High business acumen.