The Business Development Officer (“BDO”) is responsible for building relationships that lead to new business for the firm within the San Antonio, Texas market. The BDO is expected to continuously generate new as well as cultivate existing business relationships within the business community, especially among mid-market CFOs, other corporate officers, private equity, attorneys, investment bankers, commercial bankers, other CPA firms, and others like referral sources. The BDO is responsible for shepherding new opportunities through the entire sales process and is the point of contact for new prospects and clients. The BDO must have a high degree of internal motivation and be able to be successful with a minimal level of supervision.
- Currently living in San Antonio, TX
- Bachelor’s degree in either accounting, finance, or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of either sales experience or as a practicing CPA in an accounting firm
- Established relationships within the San Antonio, TX community
- Experience building business relationships that lead to revenue-generating engagements
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Goal-oriented and achievement-focused
Strong preference is given to candidates with previous sales experience selling to mid-market CFOs or those with significant experience working within an accounting firm as a practitioner.