An Assurance Intern at Calvetti Ferguson performs the duties of a staff accountant, such as preparing work papers, checking account balances, and interacting with clients.
Calvetti Ferguson strives to provide interns practical experience by giving them opportunities to complete work as a part of a team of auditors. While interns will work in the office part of the time, they will also get the chance to travel to client locations and learn about businesses in various industries.
The goal of this internship is to expand the intern’s understanding of business and accounting while allowing the intern to work in diverse environments as part of a team of professionals. We are here to help you start your career in accounting with proper training, resources, and guidance along the way.
The internship is 10 weeks and starts after Memorial Day and lasts through early August. The internship is full-time.
- Financial statement audits and reviews.
- Internal Control reviews.
- Hands-on work at client sites.
- Education: working towards CPA.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to proofread for accuracy and finalize documents professionally.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines, ensuring that work is complete and accurate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint at an intermediate level is required.
- Juniors and above are preferred.