Based in Houston or The Woodlands. The accounting services senior associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of periodic accounting processes for multiple clients in a variety of industries. Routine tasks will include performing account reconciliations, balance sheet review and analysis, and P&L review and analysis.
The associate will be expected to prioritize multiple engagements with competing deadlines with the assistance of managers. The associate will be expected to have good interpersonal skills, as well as critical thinking and problem solving skills. Candidate should be willing to work after hours and some weekends. This position is required to physically be in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Preference given to candidates with plans to obtain a CPA license
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry with exposure to tax
- Understanding of the full accounting cycle, including transactional and GL accounting up through month end close and reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online and Desktop (Sage, Intacct, and/or Dynamics is a plus)