This position is based in San Antonio. The accounting services senior associate will be working primarily with family offices and will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of periodic accounting processes. Routine tasks will include performing account reconciliations, balance sheet review and analysis, and P&L review and analysis. Knowledge of trust accounting, investment accounting, and understanding of equity activity from a tax basis is necessary.
The associate will be expected to prioritize multiple engagements with competing deadlines with the assistance of managers.
The associate will be expected to have good interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Candidate should be willing to work after hours and some weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Preference given to candidates with plans to obtain a CPA license
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry with exposure to tax
- Understanding of the full accounting cycle, including transactional and GL accounting up through month end close and reporting
- Working knowledge of investment accounting, equity contributions and distributions, and trust accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in Quickbooks (Sage and Dynamics is a plus)