The Accounting Services department partners with middle market companies to provide outsourced accounting functions.
The manager will serve as primary client contact for multiple relationships and is expected to provide Controller level support to the client including review and interpretation of financial information. In addition, this role and supervise, train, and develop staff in their responsibilities for performing ongoing transactional accounting work related to cash, payables, debt transactions, invoicing and AR management, and fixed asset accounting. This role will also lead department initiatives, specifically around process design and automation.
The candidate should have experience in a management role of an accounting department that includes overseeing accounts payable processes, customer billing, and month end close activities including reconciliations and reporting and analysis. The Accounting Services Manager is expected to be able to self-manage, have strong project management skills, simultaneously manage multiple client accounts, deadlines, and teams, and take a lead role in the personal and professional development of other members of the accounting services group.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license or plans to obtain in 1 year
- 7-10 years total experience in accounting, including a mix of public accounting and working in management for an accounting department
- Complete understanding of the full accounting cycle
- Complete knowledge of financial statements
- Experience using QuickBooks, Excel and Word is required; Sage/Peachtree, Dynamics, NetSuite or Wolfpack is a plus