The Accounting Services Director is responsible for leading the Accounting Services department within the firm and for overseeing accounting services provided to clients while developing and maintaining strong client relationships. The Accounting Services Director will report to the Partner Group and work closely with the Directors of Accounting Services, Partner Group, and others to jointly serve clients in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls. This candidate is expected to have strong project management skills. Additionally, this candidate is expected to manage multiple client accounts and to mentor and develop other members of the accounting group. The candidate should have the ability to analyze client accounting reports, identify problems, and direct the accounting team on how to resolve those errors. This position can be based out of our Houston, The Woodlands, Dallas, or Fort Worth offices.
- Master’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 12 years of total experience in accounting, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting having reached at least Manager level in Assurance, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller.
- CPA License required.
- Experience using QuickBooks, Excel, and Word is required; Sage/Peachtree, Dynamics or Wolfpack is a plus.
- Drive and manage the full accounting team.
- Complete knowledge of financial statements.
- Complete understanding of the accounting cycle.