The Accounting Manager position is a full-time role based in downtown Houston. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Accounting Department. Routine tasks will include but are not limited to timely and accurate financial reporting, month and year-end close process, management of daily journal entries and general accounting operations (cash receipts, payroll, revenue/accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger), oversight and improvement of processes and internal controls, assistance with KPI’s, analytics, and budgeting. The Accounting Manager needs to have good communication, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to prioritize and implement process-driven solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry with exposure to Private Client Services
- Understanding of the full accounting cycle, including transactional and GL accounting up through month-end close and reporting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Business Central and CCH Axcess (or other accounting software)