Assurance Senior Associate
In your role as Assurance Senior, you will support the execution of audit fieldwork and ensure that assigned tasks are conducted economically and per agreed client and firm standards on a series of exciting and challenging Assurance engagement projects.
During your tenure as an Assurance Manager, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Support the delivery of engagements/projects in the specific area of competency;
- Assist in identifying client needs and problem technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address these;
- Raise issues with the Assurance Seniors and Managers as identified in the area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Maintain quality and timely delivery as per Service Level Agreements with clients;
- Actively build business relationships that generate leads, identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with management to win the business;
- Assist in the development of client presentations/discussion documentation;
- Assist in managing engagement risk in line with Calvetti Ferguson policies;
- Maintain clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status;
- Maintain own development and knowledge in a specialized area; and
- Comply with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements, and the Firm’s quality control procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Currently pursuing Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards and Auditing Standards.
- Proficient in auditing software.
- At least two (2) years of professional audit working experience.
- Experience with a Big 4 or Regional auditing firm is an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Support the delivery of engagements, in the specific area of competency.
- Budgets / Profitability – Maintain quality and timely delivery.
- Client Impact: Internal & External – Communicate regularly with both Assurance Senior, the Engagement Manager, and the client to meet deliverable expectations in the specific area of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with a desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable and able to manage ambiguity with ease;
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing, and regulatory professional standards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good financial knowledge;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.