Your role as a Manager will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
In this role, you will develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding, and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services.
During your tenure as an Assurance Manager, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
- Offer insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to business processes and controls by leveraging expertise and experience in the entity’s sector.
- Identify the audit approach to be taken from an early stage and check that adequate resources are identified that have the required skills, knowledge, and experience to perform the work.
- Involve team members in the planning process and where required guide more junior members of the team in their prioritization.
- Provide on the job learning giving meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Prioritize appropriately and make or implement contingency plans where necessary.
- Perform joint activities with specialists early in the audit to identify risks, understand relevant controls and substantive procedures, agree on the division of responsibilities, including planned tests of IPE, and prepare scoping memos.
- Suggest mitigating testing when controls are found to be ineffective or other conditions may indicate possible misstatements, and apply professional skepticism to consider the broader impact on our audit.
- Run file checks regularly throughout the audit, check all points have been cleared at the end of each audit, choosing an appropriate file structure for each engagement.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS, and other IAS when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls.
- Able to provide the audit team and clients with a critical view and recommendations.
- Active in knowledge management by monitoring/providing input to internal databases.
- Be regarded as a specialist in the audit approach. Applying the knowledge to improve the efficiencies of the audit process and to address the risks associated with the assignment.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Desire to become a Partner
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards and Auditing Standards.
- Proficient in auditing software.
- At least three (3) years of professional audit working experience.
- Experience with a Big 4 or Regional auditing firm is an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Support the delivery of engagements, in the specific area of competency.
- Budgets / Profitability – Maintain quality and timely delivery.
- Client Impact: Internal & External – Communicate regularly with both Assurance Senior, Engagement Manager and the client to meet deliverable expectations in the specific area of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with a desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable and able to manage ambiguity with ease;
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing and regulatory professional standards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good financial knowledge;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.